About Brian Chase
Brian Chase is a consultant, expert witness, and a lawyer. He is a certified computer forensics and mobile phone examiner (ACE and AME).
Brian has a diverse education and work background. He spent years working as a computer administrator for the University of Arizona. He has a Management and Information Systems degree from the Eller College of Management at the University of Arizona, a top ranked program in the country. He also hold a Juris Doctorate from James E. Rogers College of Law, at the University of Arizona. Brian maintains an active law license in the State of Arizona. He engages in ongoing training in the fields of mobile and computer forensics in order to stay up to date with the latest in technology.
Brian has worked with various sized law firms both in an IT and legal capacity. He has consulted with firms on their use of technology within the office, and has provided expert testimony in criminal matters.
He has published and spoken on various technology related issues impacting law firms as well as parties in the civil and criminal justice system.
Outside of work, Brian is an active equestrian. He also spends time volunteering and serving as a board member at Therapeutic Riding of Tucson (TROT). Additionally, he is a Part-Time Professor of the Practice the University of Arizona Law School, teaching the Trial Competition course.
Brian was honored as one of Tucson’s Top 40 Under 40 by the Arizona Daily Star for 2013.
- Forensic Expert Witness Association
- Pima County Bar Association
- Pima County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- American Association for Justice
- How Anyone Can Learn (and Afford) to be a High Tech Lawyer – Arizona Public Defender Association Conference, June 2015
- Cloud Computing Ethics and Ethos – Pima County Bar Association, June 2015
- Digital Evidence, A Sword and A Shield – Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, April 2015
- Ethics of Cloud Computing – Arizona Law Women’s Association, November 2014
- Ethics in the Cloud – Arizona Public Defender Association Conference, June 2014
- Defending the Digital Case – Arizona Public Defender Association Conference, June 2014
- Ethics in the Cloud – Pima County Bar Association, June 2014
- Cloud Security: Are you really secure? – Pima County Bar Association, October 2013
- Email Evidence – How to use it, find it and verify it – Pima County Bar Association, October 2013
- Dangers in the Cloud: Law Office Technology and Software – Arizona Public Defender Association Conference, June 2013
- Challenging Email Evidence, Arizona Public Defender Association Conference, June 2013
- Law Office Software – Pima County Bar Association, November, 2012
- Are We Safe In The Cloud? – Arizona Attorney, October, 2012